Thursday, June 2, 2022

Bird Walk

 Thursday, June 2, 2022

I bravely signed up for the Bird Walk that met at 7:45 a.m.  I was feeling much stronger and a walker would support me.  Peter loaned me his binoculars that I could stow in the walker.  I wore a light sweat shirt and long pants on a cool morning that would get warmer.

A group of about 30 met at the Urban Ecology Center.  We introduced ourselves, which didn't make a whole lot of sense; we'd never remember any names.  I was in the group with Amanda who led us on a very scenic trail.  I did not know something so wonderful existed in Milwaukee, and so close to where I live, also free.  Fellow walkers were good at spotting birds; Amanda seemed to just go along for the walk.  My walker was a godsend; I could sit and rest occasionally and it gave me some stability.  Also the binoculars; I was really happy to be able to see a cedar waxwing, also an oriole and goldfinches.





The day was absolutely perfect, clear skies and a gentle breeze.  I'm glad that I didn't bring anything warmer to wear.  Those who did were tying clothing around their waists.

But after not walking any distance for such a long time, it was more than I could handle.  There were some wet and difficult spots going uphill, but on the whole the paths were paved and easy to navigate.  I was really aching after the two-hour walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment