Saturday, June 18, 2022

Odds and Ends

 Saturday, June 18, 2022

Here is a recap of what's been happening, starting with June 10.  The MSO concert was wonderful with Strauss, etc.  SRS provided transportation that was really convenient.  I hope they repeat the service for next season.  Later, Peter and I went to Victor's and shared a quesadilla.

Laura and Jay invited Peter and me to dinner on Sunday before their trip to Wales, where they will be staying in Jean Martyn's B&B.  The garden was planted and the yellow peony was in bloom.  Laura divided the plant; now she has two.  We had barbecued chicken on the grill with a Caprese salad and a baked potato.  I had three chicken thighs to take home, enough for three salads.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

I picked the wrong day to vacuum and wash the floor.  It was 96 degrees and I was dripping on the floor from my forehead.

Mayor Cavalier Johnson visited SRS.  He gave his visions for the city, hoping that more employment will bring better stability to neighborhoods and families.  He answered questions on how we can help implement his goals, especially gun control and crime.  Letters to legislators, even those not representing us in our district, is the best way to get legislation enacted.  All the chairs were filled, also Jim Tarantino, came to hear the mayor.

There was enough time afterwards to play sheepshead and go to the 4:00 p.m. mass

Wednesday, June 15

The Red Hats had lunch at Final Approach.  Jennifer was a very efficient and attentive waitress.  A group of women really liked our fun-loving group and took a selfie.

Thursday June 16

I did not care for the video workout, so I went grocery shopping instead.  Forgot milk and had to go back.  In the afternoon we played dominoes.  

Friday, June 17

We celebrated June Birthdays with lunch on the piazza.  Many stayed indoors because the sun was beating down.  Tyler eventually put umbrellas in the new tables, but it was too little, too late.  We listened to a keyboard player/singer.  He was good entertainment, but I'm so happy to have engaged Anthony from last month.


Jackie and Dan Haessley with Rikki and me behind.

Peter and I went to the Bavarian Brewhaus with music.  I had a wiener with potato salad; Peter had his favorite sausage with eggs.

Saturday, June 18

My hair appointment was at 1:00, with a haircut.  I donated my bird feeders to St. Vincent de Paul.  It was a very nice store, very much like a better department store.  Next, to Stein's for some coleus.  I was at Ace Hardware for swivels for my spinner, but didn't have a complete unit to show what I needed.  Dropped off my bird bath at Kohl's for an Amazon refund.  Then home

I planted the coleus; I should have bought more soil.  There was a Father's Day Cook-out, but it was too cool to eat outdoors.  I had a tepid hamburger with beans and a cookie.







No comments:

Post a Comment