Saturday, July 9, 2022

Fish Fry With Barbara and Rikki

 Friday, July 8, 2022

Our first attempt to have a fish fry at Alioto's with Barbara Leigh and Rikki Thompson didn't materialize because Rikki was not feeling well.  We tried again for July 1st, but Barbara's phone fell on her foot causing some pain and swelling.

We were successful today arranging to have dinner at Pitches.  Peter remarked more than once that he really liked Pitches because every time we went there we were seated immediately with no reservations.  Because Barbara is wheelchair bound, I called Pitches on Thursday to see if there was handicap accessibility.  The person I spoke with seemed frazzled and couldn't answer my question because there was a large party in the restaurant.  I tried calling again early Friday afternoon and I could not make reservations until after 8:30 p.m. because there was a large party.  So much for not having to make reservations.

I called Barbara and she agreed to Alioto's at 5:30 p.m.  Peter already was planning to pick me up at 6:15 p.m. to go to Pitches.  I called his home and cell countless times with no reply.  Finally, I reached him, and took a sigh of relief that we had the change of venue agreed upon.

Now the story becomes unbelievable, according to Peter.

Peter was at Aldi's today and recognized and greeted Tom's son (Tom, the owner of Alioto's).  Peter thought wouldn't it have been nice if we would be meeting for dinner tonight at Alioto's instead of Pitches, never realizing that it was already arranged.  We were all amazed by the coincidence. 

Barbara ordered fried eggplant that we shared; Peter and Barbara had baked cod, Rikki had a combination plate and I had an exceptional perch dinner.  Three of us had wine.  We even had dessert; Peter and I shared a schaum torte.  I can't remember when I ate so much.

We had a delightful evening.  I drove with Barbara and Rikki both to and from the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment