Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Special Tuesday

 Tuesday, July 26, 2022

My car needed service to correct an air bag light that appeared on my dashboard. When I made the appointment I was told that I would have to leave my car because the diagnosis and repair process would take a long time.  To be on the safe side, I rescheduled my mammogram for tomorrow in the event the car repair took longer than a day.  As it turned out, I could wait about two hours for the diagnosis, which was a faulty sensor that needed cleaning and the repair that took about thirty minutes, hardly enough time to finish a refill of coffee.

We had a smaller group playing sheepshead because some were unable to attend for various reasons.  I won 15 cents.

The day ended very special with dinner at Jay and Laura's beginning with appetizers in the pergola


followed by grilled pork tenderloin with browned tiny potatoes, Caprese salad and cookies on their patio.

Peter and I were fascinated hearing about their recent trip to Wales: navigating the roads with a less than ideal vehicle; driving on the "wrong" side of the road and sitting on the "wrong" side of the car; surviving without air conditioning, but thankfully not the blistering heat that followed after they left; their interactions with the locals; and some of the memorable places they visited, especially the homes of John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

The evening ended much too quickly, which always happens when we are having such a wonderful time.



2 comments:

  1. It's a very attractive image of you and Peter. Who is your photographer? Cheers, Jay

    ReplyDelete