Friday, May 19, 2023

Lunch With Janice/Maifest

 Friday, May 19, 2023

It was fun tracking Janice's driving progress as she was coming to SRS.  She arrived at noon with her bag of lunch.  It was a very pleasant day, so we set our places on the balcony and enjoyed a very tasty chili with saltine crackers (butter with mine), chocolate pudding and refreshing cranberry juice.

Janice had so much to say about the special beans she uses, plus other ingredients, especially the chocolate that was not included in the recipe.

For Mother's Day Brad and Janice gave me some on-line meals that she ordered and we will share.

Charles Vinson is moving from the first floor to the room across from me.  He said he would like more privacy.

Peter picked me up at 4:00 p.m. for a drive to Maifest in Germantown.  We were very early and got the pick of any table in the gigantic tent.  Peter wanted to go on Friday because he wanted to meet up with his relative Wally.  The Wunder-Bars were playing and I had a hot (warm) dog and potato salad, Peter a bratwurst.  Peter had our steins and we went to get them filled with German beer. I was charged $30 for the two steins.  Peter was outraged and continued to complain when he sat down.  While he was getting his brat a man told me that the bartender wanted to see me.  The bartender said he made a mistake and my "husband" and I could each have another refill of our steins.

Wally came at 6:00 p.m. and he and Peter had a very nice visit.  Then Bella Cain, the featured band, came on with very loud music.  I could understand why there was a $10 cover charge for anyone coming in after 6:30.  This band drew a large crowd, but the music was not for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment