Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Rhubarb

 Saturday, May 27, 2023

I hoped to find fresh rhubarb at the Walmart on Capitol Drive, but there was none. I got my other groceries, then drove to the Fondy Farmers Market, thinking I'd have better luck.  It was a far cry from a farmers market - mostly gaudy merchandise.

My next bet was the West Allis Farmers Market, but I was pretty early for the 1:00 p.m. opening.  A cup of coffee would kill some time, but the Beecher Street Cheese Market was packed.  I was surprised to see the upgrade with a beautiful pergola and outdoor seating.  I will definitely keep that in mind for a less busy time.  Back to the WA market, but it still wasn't open.  

As a last resort I went back to my own neighborhood to Fresh Thyme, which I should have gone in the first place, with my gift card besides.  All the rhubarb I wanted!

I made a large rhubarb crisp for the Vagabond picnic tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment