Monday, December 18, 2023

Planting in the Piazza

Thursday,  May 18, 2023.

Eleanor and I drove to Bayside Gardens to pick up plants for the Piazza.  We took the route on Lake Drive to avoid road closures and got directly into Bayside.  Our calculations were for nine planters that Dwight Morgan lined with landscape fabric, eliminating the double boxes.  We bought nine Mexican feather grasses, two flats+ of zinnias, and veggies for the tower and boxes. We had tomato towers on our list, but thought we could get them cheaper at Home Depot.  We got back past noon and decided to plant at about 4:00 p.m. instead of  the announced 2:00.

I distributed the plants among the boxes and discovered that we had one Mexican feather grass left over.  We miscounted the planter boxes!  I really would have liked a feather grass for my balcony.  After the planting was done, Eleanor said that I should take the extra one.

Once I planted it, I decided that I could really use one more to even out the center.  Dwight wanted to know more about the grasses and said that he was going to Bayside to pick some up.  He picked one more for me, and now my planting is complete (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment