Friday, June 28, 2024

Pot Luck, Advantage, Symphony, Flute Choir

 Sunday, June 9, 2024

I made a ham salad for the pot luck.  I usually make too much, and there was quite a bit left over.  We had a large crowd taking part.  But on this lovely day, I would have preferred an outing with Peter instead of the pot luck.

Avery led us with an assortment of percussion instruments


Monday, June 10.  Janice's 58th Birthday

I got in touch with Margaret to get my Advantage account straightened out.  My card was not recognized and I was charged for the podiatrist.  She said it's MPS's problem, but she'll re-enroll me for July and I should be fine. I got my apartment ready for the cleaners tomorrow.  

Tuesday, June 11

Passed out dish cloths to new members.  Mailed checks to Salvation Army, Kids First Fund and Kinship.

Played sheepshead and lost 85 cents. Lectored.

Made restaurant reservations for Door County.

Friday, June 14

The Symphony was fabulous.  Augustin Hadelich https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustin_Hadelich played Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D major that was spellbinding. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVIxx8EfdM 

He took about four curtain calls and then played "Turkey in the Straw".

Peter texted that we could get in to Polishfest for $5.00 before 5:00 p.m.  At first I thought that would be a good idea.  Then the thought of walking around, and standing in line to get food did not appeal to me.  So, we went to Estabrook Park and had a beer and hot dogs.  The hot dogs didn't really satisfy us, so we finished the evening with grilled cheese at Culver's.

I bought some grapes for the reception following the Gutekunst Flute Choir Concert.  

Saturday, June 15

I had my hair colored.

I was just in time to get in a good position for the concert.  The group demonstrated the ranges of the flutes and then played melodies from movies.


 

Finished the evening playing Rumikub


No comments:

Post a Comment