Thursday, September 12, 2024

Almost-New Computer

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

My desk top computer died and I could not revive it.  I emailed Brain about the problem on Sunday and did not expect to hear from him so quickly.  He called as we were driving to Carl Schurz Park for Frank Schmitz's Birthday.  Brian thought he'd be able to look at it on Tuesday.

As our breakfast group was having our breakfasts, Brian called and asked if he could come today (Monday, Labor Day).  Of course, he could.  He was here in about one-half hour and I directed him where to park.  He disassembled everything and took it away.

Brian called as I was watching TV last night, explaining my problems and said that I would need a new hard drive. Since I don't need my computer for fast-paced games, he considered it worth fixing instead of buying a new computer.  He would restore everything and put it in faster working condition.

Brian texted me to say that he would be over with my computer.  Everything is connected and working like a charm.  He had suggestions for making my files more easily accessible.

My files are all organized; my computer never worked so good, with my files where they should be.

Thank you, Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment