Monday, September 23, 2024

Octoberfest

 Friday September, 2024

The Osher movie today was "Captains Courageous". one of my favorites.  We'll be seeing four more featuring Spencer Tracy.  Roy Krueger gave an introduction about Spencer Tracy's life and career before showing the movie. 

I was home in plenty of time for Peter to pick me up at 4:00p.m. to go to Octoberfest. Admission was free with the Bavarian app.  There was a light crowd when we got there. but the grounds were nicely spread out later on.  We shared a half chicken dinner which was plenty. I wish that I hadn't left the plates and utensils in the car; I prefer a plate and real utensils instead of a paper tray and plastic.  But the chicken was delicious; I'd order it again.  

It was a perfect evening. with a slight breeze. I was comfortable with my light gray sweater.  I'm sorry that I didn't tell Claude that we were going, it would have been nice to have him join us.

Friday, September 27.

Claude joined Peter and me at Octoberfest. It was quite breezy, but once we moved in front of the small pavilion we were shielded from the breeze. We had a very pleasant evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment