Thursday, September 12, 2024

Pizza Alone

Wednesday, September 4, 2024
I would have loved to go to a bier garten on this perfect day, but Peter decided to go to the Vagabond meeting to renew his membership.  He could have done so in October or November, when the day was not so perfect.  Calling him produced no results.

I did very well in  sheepshead, winning $1.95.  On the way home I contemplated picking up a quesadilla from a truck, but...what am I thinking?  I'm driving right by Catero's!  I would love a pizza.  I was the only one seated, until a man came and sat at a nearby table.  I ordered Catero's Special with a glass of Lambrusco.  I loved the quiet, without the clamor or other people.
 The pizza was as wonderful as I imagined it to be.  I ate one half, and took the other half home.  Alas, it will not be as delicious as it was in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment