Monday, December 13, 2021

Lending An Ear

 Sunday, December 12, 2021

The stollen with coffee for after mass went over well; I'm glad that I bought two.  Next week I'll bring the second one.  At least that way I won't be eating it all.

Sue Evans called asking me if I knew more details about Rockne Koch's death.  I didn't know more than she did, but we didn't seem to agree on when he died.  She is very heartsick with his passing because they became quite close.  At dinner recently he gave her a bottle of German wine because she shares her wine with him quite often.  I left some slices of stollen on his shelf when I knew he liked German things.  He promised me some of his maple syrup.  We also missed him at dominoes on Thursday; I know he really liked playing Screw Your Neighbor.  Sue and I had quite a lengthy talk.

Marilyn Minor called saying that she had a little thank you gift for me for including her on my membership to the Domes.  She came at 7:15 p.m. with a little jar of home made cranberry sauce/jam.  I had planned on watching the Packers/Bears game, but I invited her to sit down.  We started talking about various subjects when I mentioned that I watched TCM, which she was not familiar with.  I turned it on and "Finian's Rainbow" was playing.  We watched it to the end. I made tea in the meantime and we continued our conversation about SRS, her family and travels.  I didn't interject any of my travels for fear of prolonging the evening longer than it was going.  I did check the Packers' score on my phone, and was relieved that they won 43 - 30.  She looked at my digital clock and could not believe it was 12:44 a.m.  But we had a very comfortable evening in conversation and getting to know one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment