Saturday, January 8, 2022

Belated Birthday

 Saturday, January 8, 2022

A little warmer today, so I removed my lights from the balcony and put things away.

I had a hair appointment, then grocery shopped at Pick 'n Save on Hwy. 100.  Stein's would not refund the extra set of lights that I did not need, but hopefully, I can add them to my balcony next year.

I tried taking a nap, since I was very exhausted.  Dolly didn't help by parking on my legs, but at least I did have some rest.

Jay and Laura picked me up for our 6:30 p.m. reservation at Sanford.  The dinner was a four course menu from which we selected something from each course.  First we were presented with a tiny bit of herring, also a roll.  I chose smoked Scottish Salmon with marinated beets and pomegranate, orange pomegranate reduction; Roasted parsnip soup with brown butter; Grilled duck breast with marinated cabbage, sweet potato gnocchi, red wine cranberry sauce; and "The Drive In" hot fudge toffee nut ball with open faced milk chocolate ganache toffee bar.  Nothing was left on any of my plates; everything was fabulous.  I was presented with a "Happy Birthday plate and a lighted candle.  I also got a little bag of sweets to take home.  It was an evening to remember for a long time.



1 comment: