Saturday, January 29, 2022

Train Show at the Domes

 Friday, January 28, 2022

Peter and I took advantage of the membership-only preview from 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.  Because of COVID a limited number at a time were admitted into the Show Dome.  The theme was the Neighborhoods of Milwaukee.





We also went through the other domes.



It was great to get to the preview because everything was so very fresh.

Our next stop was to have dinner at Turner Hall.  I was just about to get out of the car when a couple told us that it was closed.

Victor's was our next choice, and ideal since it was close to SRS.  We each ordered beef quesadillas instead of fish.  It is listed as on appetizer, but it would suffice as a main course.  We both enjoyed it; and Peter remarked that this is something he would definitely order again; but next time we'll order one and split it.  There was enough to put in a box; I gave Peter one of mine and he had two, so there was plenty for another meal.  As we were leaving Peter told the manager how much he enjoyed the quesadillas and how perfectly they were made.  He was still talking about it when he dropped me off at SRS.  Then he said, "The box is still there!" That was so hilarious; we both laughed so hard we couldn't stop.  I'm glad no one was in the halls because I was laughing all the way to my room.  Peter called me shortly that the box was still on our table when he went to retrieve it.  But it gave us a hardy laugh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment