Friday, January 28, 2022

Mammogram

 Friday, January 28, 2022

My appointment at West Allis Aurora was for 10:30 a.m.  After two views, a front and side, the doctor wanted a few more.  Waiting in the interval is always worrisome, because I'm thinking, "What are they looking for"?  After three more I went for my ultrasound.

After all the pressure from the mammogram, my breast was tender when the tech pressed down.  She stayed at one spot a very long time, moving within a small area.

It was another wait while the doctor examined the results; a lot of time to think about all the negative thoughts about what he will find.  Finally, the doctor came to see me with encouraging news.  There is a new spot they are concerned about, but nothing to worry about at this time.  I will get my regular bi-lateral mammogram in May.

It was close to noon and I had a craving for a Panera bagel.  The shop on Ogden did not have one bagel.  There were a lot of people ordering food, but no bagels.  I went around the corner to Einstein Bagels, tried the door, but it was closed.  

I guess I really didn't need a bagel after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment