Monday, January 24, 2022

Scrubbies

 As I was sorting through my knitting supplies I came across a couple skeins of scrubby yarn.  I got the brilliant idea of making scrubbies for every apartment for Christmas presents.  I don't know what needle I used to make the ones that I had made previously, but I could not find a #8 needle.  I bought a pair of aluminum needles at Walmart; they also had some yarn so I bought a skein.

I don't like the aluminum needles.  They are too  heavy for this light project and I'm afraid the stitches will slide off.  I bought bamboo needles at JoAnne when I bought my Notes of Good Cheer note cards.

I also found scrubby yarn at Amazon.  I'll see how many scrubbies I get from one skein and order accordingly.  It doesn't take long to make one, but the yarn isn't smooth to work with, and the bamboo needles were worth the investment.  This should keep me busy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment