Sunday, April 11, 2021

Clean-up

 Jay, Laura and Anton were at my house at 10:00 am, ready to work.  Laura armed herself with the vacuum cleaner and got into all the corners and crevices; poor Charlotte will have to look very hard to spin her web.  We removed all unnecessary clutter to make things look more spacious.  Jay and Anton cleared out the basement of all the bags that will go to the dump or Purple Heart.





Then Jay had the brilliant idea of suggesting that I call the fire department if they could use my treadmill.  Ed Schmidt was quite receptive to the idea and will come to look at it tomorrow.

We had ham and rolls before they left at about 1:30 pm.

Tomorrow Peter will be over with the trailer to haul things to the dump.

I didn't go to church this morning because we were getting this early start, so I thought I'd go to Our Lady of Lourdes for their 6:00 pm mass.  No cars, it looked very deserted.  That is always my backup parish when I can't attend a regular mass at St. Martin of Tours.  The virtual mass from Our Lady Queen of Peace had a ridiculous introduction; some woman loved hearing herself talk.  I watched the mass from St. Patrick's.

Monday, April 12, 

Peter was here with his trailer at 11:00 am., and he and I began filling it up until Jay came.  We piled stuff not only in the trailer, but in Peter and Jay's vans.  Jay cut up the carpet in the basement and that went also.  They worked so very hard.  We drove to the dump with carloads of stuff and Peter's trailer was wobbling whenever he went over 35 mph.  Jay pulled up alongside of us and told Peter to slow down.  

We stopped for lunch at Culver's then headed back to my house.  Jay made another trip with the dresser mirror.  Then we decided that the bedroom rocker and recliner were not worth selling, so we took the rocker to the dump with the short cabinet from my office.  I might be able to clean up the head rest on the recliner.

Peter came back with me and took some things he thought he could use.  

Jean Henning called and wanted room dimensions.  She came about 7:00 pm to put a lock box on my front door; however, the door doesn't close.  The door spring is in the way.

I got a text message that someone wants to look at my house tomorrow between 1:30 and 2:00.  I started working like a whirlwind trying to put things in order.

Then Jay made another trip with the dresser mirror.

Monday, April 19

I culled the Family and Friends photo albums to eliminate photos that would be of interest mostly to me, i.e. travel, groups, gardens.  I whittled them down quite a bit.  Filled more boxes, discards and donations.

Friday, April 23 p.m. 

The Purple Heart truck drove in at 9:28 am.  Without any question, two very friendly men cleared out EVERYTHING, except some containers of rug shampoo and flower preserver.  They left at about 10:10 am.  They couldn't take the treadmill today, but said I should call and they will come at a later time.  They said I'd have a problem with the sofa bed.  Nobody wants them; bedbugs are a concern, also the weight.  I might have to call John's for a special pickup, and maybe pay $50. 


No comments:

Post a Comment