Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Condo Inspection

 April 27, 2021

Two inspectors plus the realtor, Lisa Pfaff, were here at 2:00 pm for the condo inspection.  The first thing they did was turn on the dish washer and let it go through its cycle.  I sat and read my Kindle and chatted a bit with Lisa.  There was a lot of moving about as the two inspectors did what they had to do.  As they were finishing I asked if there was anything I needed to be concerned about.  The inspector said everything looked in satisfactory condition.  Gary, the buyer,  came about 3:00 pm.  He works in medical equipment at St. Luke's, which would be a convenient drive from here.  He also will take the sofa bed and treadmill!  The sofa bed was the real problem; no one wants it.  But it will work out nicely for him.  He loved the layout, and that he did not need any dressers, also the built-in book shelves.

Monday,

May 3, 2021

Jean called while I was doing errands: a trunk full to Goodwill, shredding checkbook copies at Office Max and shopping at Walmart. She said I had to download the report and sign the agreement by 5:00 pm.  I never heard of such pressure.  I was about to drive to her office with my signature, but I signed the document, copied and emailed it to her.  I need electrical work done, plus I need to install a radon mitigation system.  Jean gave me a name of an electrician.  I sent an email to the condo manager; hopefully, the association will take care of the radon.

I did some research and made an appointment with Accurate for May 8th.

Keith explained what has to be done: drill a hole in the basement floor and sink in a pipe that will go out the wall close to the rain pipe.  There is a unit with a fan that will draw out the radon into the air.  Radon problems are cause by gas coming from the sump pump.  He will need to go into Heather's basement to do something there also.  He wrote a proposal which I forwarded to Hunt Manager Brandon Goetz.  He said it would have to be approved by the board.  I explained that I am on a timeline with moving and closing.  I talked to Mike Daniels and he thought it shouldn't be a problem.  I couldn't believe how,quickly the board convened, even though there was some disapproval, but Mike assured me that it would be approved, and it was.

May 18, 2021

Mike and two other men were here at approximately 9:30 am and started drilling in the basement. A lot of noise, but it didn't disturb me too much.  All three were very pleasant and industrious.


 


They finished at about 2:30 pm.  Keith waited for the electricians, a husband and wife team, to install the electricity for the fan.



No comments:

Post a Comment