Tuesday, April 13, 2021

On the Market

 Monday, April 12 

Jean Henning put a lock box on my front door with my house key enclosed. Agents open the box by punching in a code to get into my house when I'm not in. I started getting text messages beginning at 7:15 pm, to view the condo on Tuesday.   Unfortunately,  the lock box was too thick so the door couldn't close completely; I removed it.

Tuesday, April 13 

I put a notice on Franklin Community page for mover recommendations.  Many positive comment about Two Men and a Truck. I left a message and got a prompt call back.  I listed the items to move and arranged for May 24th, between 8 and 9 am

I kept getting showing requests throughout the morning.  I tidied up the place before I zoomed with the book club.

I had to stay to open the door for the 1:30 pm visit because there was no lock box.  A middle aged couple went through it.  

Jean came with another lock box,  but it too was too thick. She clamped the original one to the clematis trellis.

An agent with a woman came just as Dolly and I were driving off.  I had to take Dolly because she'd run out of the house and I don't think agents would be too happy chasing a cat.

How does one kill 5 hours?  I picked up You Are Not Alone at the library for next month's book club, drove to the Domes, but it was closed, took a slow drive to St. Rita's and now I'm sitting in Leon's parking lot after feasting on a caramel pecan sundae.

Dolly made some little noises, but all in all she was fine.

Wednesday, April 14

I changed bedding, did the laundry, then cleaned out the linen closet of excess towels.  I continued discarding and donating clothes, mostly discarding.  I put in a good day.  Jay invited me for dinner because Aleksei was home between jobs.  That  was a godsend because I had two showings, one at 6 and another at 6:30. I really can't fix dinner when I'm having a showing.  I tidied up in readiness for the showings and was at Jay & Laura's by 5:30 pm.  Jay prepared delicious chicken cordon bleu with asparagus and rice.  We had such a pleasant visit.  I drove Aleksei to Annika's where he will spend the night.

Thursday, April 15

Good thing I tidied everything up; I forgot the photographer was coming.  At 10:00 am, Andy came to take photos of inside and outside the house.  He thought my condo was very nice and I made his job easy.  We only had to move some cat apparatus on the side, but he was out of here within 15 minutes.  Just in time to leave for my 10:45 blood donation.

https://www.remax.com/homes-for-sale/WI/milwaukee/city/5553000?property={%22uPI%22:%2210774079211453348495%22,%22listingId%22:%221734813%22,%22oUID%22:%22M00000662%22,%22fullAddress%22:%228150-s-legend-dr-franklin-wi-53132%22}

Friday, April 16

I had Kat do my hair at 1:00 pm.  I had one showing at 4:30, but I did not see the 6:00 show up.

Then I met Peter at Steak Out for our first dinner since the pandemic began.  I had a 7 ounce fillet with a martini.  Afterward I had a Grand Marnier.  I slept soundly.

Saturday, April 17

One showing at 2:30 pm

Sunday, April 18

It was a tight schedule today.  I got up at 6:30 am, did my usual routine, then out of the house by 9:15 am for a 9:30 showing.  Dolly is so heavy getting into the car and being sure she doesn't run out.  We drove around then parked up the block waiting for the people to leave, two men plus the realtor.  It was after 10:00 am and I had to lector at the 10:30 am mass.  I tried unlocking the front door, but the agent locked both locks and I have to pull the door to me to unlock it.  Impossible holding Dolly.  We went through the garage like I should have done in the first place.  I was totally exhausted getting back in the car.  Luckily, I was settled down by mass time.  The 12:00 pm showing canceled due to illness in the family.

Peter called to find out how he can see if he got a text message.  He kept asking the question over and over, never waiting for an answer.  I hung up once, but connected again.  He finally got it.

I'm reading You Are Not Alone most of the day.

Tuesday, April 20

At 8:55 am I got a text for a showing at 9:15 am.  I panicked; dishes were not put away and I was really not ready.  Within 5 minutes they canceled.

I went to Biggby for breakfast.  I spent most of the day straightening my accounts spreadsheet.  I don't know how the amounts and items got mislabeled.  

Stephanie London called in the afternoon after Wendy told her I was moving to St. Rita's Square.  She has an appointment with Mark tomorrow.  She is also looking at a place on Rawson west of 76th.  Her address would be Baseball Ln.

I got a request for a 6:30 pm showing. As I was turning on the lights and getting finishing touches done, the agent with a couple came at 6:15.  I managed to Dolly in the car, but it is so very exhausting carrying her squirming body.  Once she is in the car she is quiet and well behaved.

I drove to Culver's for a cashew chicken salad that I partially ate in the parking lot.

This is Janice's week to call me, but she has not called yesterday or today.  Laura called and we had a nice visit.

Wednesday, April 21

Dolly waited in the car while I had breakfast at the Honey Butter Café on 76th near Pick'nSave before my house showing at 8:45 am. It is operated by Open Flame, but I understand the sons of the owner of Pantheon bought it.  The place is huge.  It started filling up the longer I stayed. With my coffee I was served Loukaumades (honey puffs), egg shaped fried yeast puffs coated in sugar in a pool of honey.  They were pretty messy to eat; I had to lick my fingers with each bite.  Next time I would eat them off my fork.  I had eggs over easy and toast, with a refill of coffee.  

I was home before 9:15 am and the viewing was already over.

Thursday, April 22

I called Jean to find out if there was any feedback from people that looked at my condo.  She said that I should have received comments after each visit in my email.  I should look in my spam folder perhaps for mail from Showing Time.  I found nothing.  When I called ReMax to tell then that I did not receive any messages I had Amanda verify my email address.  There was the problem, legenddrive@gmail.com.  After we got that corrected I got some remarks.  Also Jean had some comments that a lot of work needs to be done to the interior.  We discussed lowering the price to $195,000 to allow for upgrading.  Jean changed the lock box, and thought the new price would be more attractive.

I called to have the rug and couch shampooed.

Peter came about 1:00 pm with some nice egg cartons that I could use for packing.  He took two shelf units, plus we took down the stained glass eagle.

While he was here I got three requests to show the condo, all because of the lowered price

Jean called again; the lower price brought in a solid offer to match the asking price with a deadline to accept by 11:00 am Friday? Saturday?  The buyer had been to one of the earlier showings. She needed to come over for me to sign the paper with the lower price, also discuss the offer.  After a lot of consideration, it is best to accept since it is solid with no contingencies.  I signed a paper to accept the offer of $195,000, minus commission and other costs for the transaction.  Jean left at 9:15 pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment