Saturday, April 10, 2021

Real Estate

 Jean Henning came on Thursday, April 8th, and was very impressed with my condo.  Because it is not a traditional condo she had difficulty finding comparable prices.  But after going through it she thought it would sell fast, probably around $200,000.  We went through a number of documents for me to understand the various aspects of the sale.  She will return either Friday or Saturday to finalize our agreement.  Jean also was able to suggest a person who might be able to clear out the condo.

Jean had a full schedule today, so she asked me to come to her office to look at comparable sales in my area.  We settled on $215,000, and maybe someone might bid higher.  A photographer will come in a couple of days to take pictures.  I also have to look for a title to my condo.

When I got home and looked at the mess and all that I still have to do, I panicked.  As I was thinking of calling Laura and Jay, Laura called and I explained my stress.  She and Jay will come on Sunday at about 10:00 am to clear out their part of my garage and haul things into the garage for removal.  Peter will bring his trailer on Monday to take things to the dump.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the Austrian American Birthday dinner.  After we have not done anything or gone anywhere for all these months, I have to cancel the one event that came up.  Peter will invite his friend Rudy to take my place.

I worked the rest of the day boxing and sorting.  This is very strenuous work.

No comments:

Post a Comment