Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's Day 2022

 Saturday, February 12, 2022

I mixed the dough for heart-shaped cookies before my hair appointment.  I was 1/2 cup short of flour and was ready to go for more flour when I checked to see if I had powdered sugar.  Next to the powdered sugar was a zip-lock bag of flour.  I could have kissed it.  After my hair I did the cut-outs.  They turned out very nice.  A batch got browner than they should have, but I'll have them for myself.

After they were baked I found another box of Valentine cards at the Walgreen's on Brady Street.  I wanted to have enough to send to people in Assisting Living also.

Sunday, February 13

The cookies were a big hit after Sunday mass with coffee.  Rosemarie also had a zucchini loaf.

I made Chex mix for the Super Bowl game.

At 4:30 p.m. we had a Birthday party in the Club Room for Bob Mendelsohn who is 90 today.  They served pizza, some appetizers, wine and cake.

Some of us stayed to watch LA Rams beat the Cincinnati Bengals 23 - 20.  It was a very good game.

After 10:00 p.m. I distributed my little Valentine cards to all the rooms.  I had to make a few more for people I missed in Assisted Living.

February 14

Instead of exercising, I vacuumed, put my apartment in order then went grocery shopping: first to Fresh Thyme for salmon and some produce, then to Pick 'n Save for wine and V8.  I put the groceries away and prepared the salmon.

There was a virtual concert from Dominican HS, but we didn't seem to get the connection right, or else it was something on the other end.

The SRS party began at 2:30 p.m with wine, cup cakes and cookies.  We had a large gathering of red.  I told Peter to come at 3:30 for the Happy Hour, but it really started at 2:30; Abby said she wanted most of the party done before the musicians played.  It was 3:45 and Peter still hadn't shown up.  I checked my phone and his message said that he had been waiting at the door since 3:00.  I tried calling him with no answer.  Why would he be waiting at the front door?  There was no problem getting into the building, because there seemed to be a lot of traffic, both in and out.  When he finally did call and I asked if he waited in the driveway when he went to visit Rudy.  He said it's more than that.  He didn't bring his computer because he couldn't find the thumb drive that I told him to bring.  Why does that not surprise me?  But that still does not explain why he was waiting in his car instead of coming into the building.  I told him that he missed a wonderful afternoon, plus a delicious salmon dinner.  As a matter of fact, I don't have much of an appetite.


No comments:

Post a Comment