Saturday, February 26, 2022

Busy Saturday

 Saturday, February 26, 2922

Before my hair appointment at noon, I picked up wine at Consumer Beverage: two small bottles, plus a red and white for myself.  At Festival Foods I bought some saltines for a snack recipe.  I needed to do my shopping before my hair because I promised to take John Peter for kringle.

I called John Peter after my hair that I would be at SRS at 1:15 p.m. and I was there on the dot.  John Peter seemed a little apprehensive driving on the freeway, but I assured him that I was a safe driver.  He bought two kringles for our after-mass gathering; I bought a couple of Danish.

We stopped at the Metro Mart on Van Buren for John Peter's prescription, plus some groceries that he needed.  I encouraged him to buy what he needed while he was there.  He was greatly appreciative.

I tried taking a nap when I got to my apartment, but was satisfied with just resting a while.  I found my travel blog and enjoyed reading of my adventures.

We were invited to Jay and Laura's for dinner at 5:30 p.m.  Jay prepared a pasta dish with bacon and cheese with a tossed salad, very delicious with a dessert of warm pears with vanilla ice cream topped with an amaretto cookie.

I shouldn't have asked Peter if his check to the Homeland Security was cashed.  That evolved into a lot of questions and ribbing at his expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment