Monday, May 30, 2022

2022 Memorial Day

 Monday, May 30, 2022

I made a very large broccoli salad for Anita's get-together this afternoon.  SRS is having a cook-out which I would have to miss.

Peter and I arrived exactly at 1:00 p.m. followed by John and Mary McGinnis, Eileen and her son David, another younger couple and Sharon; Montana is a young man who assists Anita.  We gathered in the back with adequate lawn furniture, dappled sunlight and a light breeze that at times we needed to anchor the settings.  There were appetizers and beverages before dinner at about 3:00 p.m.  Chicken, brats, baked beans, potato salad, bean salad, my broccoli salad, and sour kraut were on the buffet table.  Everything was very good.  We enjoyed Eileen's coconut cream pie plus strawberries and ice cream for dessert.

I wish everything stopped there.  Subjects taught in school, homosexuality, voting, election fraud, illegal voting took over the conversation.  I was very uncomfortable.  I looked at my watch and told Peter that it was time to go. I went in the kitchen to collect my belonging and waited while he tried to get his last words in.

I'm going to have other plans the next time Anita invites us.

No comments:

Post a Comment