Tuesday, May 10, 2022

First Weekend in May

 Friday, May 6, 2022

We attended Eric Benz's funeral and stayed for the ceremony.  There were not as many people in attendance as at Donna's funeral on Tuesday, but people had some nice things to say about him, especially some Black men who had dealings with his company.

We headed to Su Casa to share a fajita and margaritas; since they were $5 instead of $8, we each had two.  

Saturday, May 7

I did a little shopping after my hair for gift cards for Claude and Janice's Birthdays that we'll be celebrating tomorrow.   After a little rest, the time went quickly until Peter picked me up for Alfred's Birthday party at the Bavarian Beer Haus.  Alfred reserved a section for his guests, which must have been at least 50, with beverages and food off the menu, finishing off with Birthday cake.


This party made me rethink my plans for celebrating my 90th, instead of a catered party at SRS.

Sunday, May 8

It was too cold to be outside for our Mother's Day/Birthday event at the Dorns'.  I mentioned my plans for a Birthday dinner and it seemed very agreeable.  Colin suggested Victor's; Jay added the family room at Bonobo's as possible venues.  Laura thought music would be nice.

As usual, the men prepared our meal: Claude brought appetizers and beer, Jay made a salad, Brad provided hamburgers.  We finished the meal with Birthday cake from Cosco.


I got a breathtakingly beautiful orchid from Jay and Laura,


a very nice begonia from Claude,


and a Fresh Thyme gift card from Brad and Janice.

Monday, May 9

It was wonderful to sit with our friends Chuck and Bonnie Zahnow at the MARTA luncheon at the Hampton Inn in West Allis.  It was very well attended, and the food was delicious.  Many people commented about the meals that were served, which confirmed my plan to have my party at the Hampton Inn.

Because I really blew my diet this weekend, I finished off the day with wine at the SRS Happy Hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment