Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Knitting

 Tuesday, May 17, 2022

I made very many chemo caps during COVID, even though our group could not meet at Aurora.  I gave my supply to Janice.

Jackie Haessley was making shawls with a plain garter stitch, so I decided to use some of my yarn on that project.  I gave one to Laura, another to Janice.  I also knit a few scrubby dish cloths that I gave to new residents.

I had been giving my finished shawls to Jackie to take to St. Ben's  She thought St. Rita's had a knitting group that knitted shawls, and contacted a person through St. Rita's web site.  Today we met at 2:45 p.m. (I played sheepshead until that time) in the vestibule of the church.  We got introduced, said a prayer and knit while visiting.  Our shawls will be blessed and distributed to those in need.  The shawls that were gathered were bulky and warm, also of a generous size.  I'll have to make my next one a little bigger.  I have plenty of yarn that was provided.


No comments:

Post a Comment