Sunday, May 15, 2022

Friday the 13th in May

 The SRS bus took us the the Milwaukee Symphony, saving a lot of parking hassle.  I had paid $20 to park in the lot behind the hall.  The concert was great led by conductor Ruth Reinhardt who began the program with "Flounce", an imaginative piece by Lotta Wennakoski, then Antonin Dvorak's Symphony No. 2 in F major and concluding with Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2 played magnificently by Alessio Bax, who got a standing ovation with three curtain calls.  My music app is now selecting Brahms.

When I got to Peter's house before going to Alioto's, he showed me the yarn that he bought from Goodwill. I had asked him if Goodwill had any yarn.  I should have known that he'd buy some and he did, but not what I had in mind.  He had a few assorted skeins, not enough for a shawl and only two that would be suitable for caps.

We both had the two-piece fish fry and were finished in plenty of time for a slow ride to the Austrian American meeting.

There were only eight of us at the meeting: Frank, Peter, Gisella who made the coffee, John, Mary, Richard and I.  There was no excuse for not attending on this mild evening.  Frank was extremely rude to Peter the entire meeting.  Frank barked at him in a very insulting way with every comment he made,  I can't remember being more upset.  I couldn't wait until we left.

We could use a drink to finish off the evening.  We had gin and tonics back at Alioto's while watching the Bucks lose to the Celtics 108 - 95, tying the series 3 -3.  Sunday afternoon will decide the winner.

Driving home was more of a challenge.  The Bucks fans were on the streets, sidewalks and roads.  Water Street was blocked with a lot of detours.  I  couldn't imagine why there were fireworks to celebrate losing the game.  Those weren't fireworks I heard, but gunshots!

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2022/05/14/21-injured-downtown-milwaukee-shootings-what-we-know/9775610002/

No comments:

Post a Comment