Saturday, May 28, 2022

Ascension of Our Lord

 Saturday, May 28, 2022

We have a very nice full weekend with a promise of nice weather.  I offered to bring a salad to Anita's on Monday, but first I needed a big enough salad bowl.  I donated my salad bowls when I downsized, so now I have to buy one back.  I found a very nice one at Goodwill for $3.99, plus a nice looking top.

I bought my groceries next at Walmart for everything I'd need for the Vagabond picnic and the salad, plus other groceries.

I told Janice that Peter and I would be attending the 4:00 p.m. mass at St. Joseph's where she is a cantor.  She had sent me recordings, but being there would be nice to hear.  Peter was at SRS well before 3:15 p.m. and we were at St. Joseph's with plenty of time to spare.


We sat right next to where Janice was singing.  The mass was beautiful with the priest singing all of the Eucharistic Prayers and the congregation gesturing along with the music. Janice's powerful voice led the very spirited hymns.  Peter said she sang like a nightingale, and I couldn't agree more.  I was amazed to hear her beautiful voice.


At communion the priest stopped and thanked her for the gift of her voice.  Other people remarked at her beautiful singing.

We picked up a bottle of wine at Sendik's before going to the Dorns' for dinner.  We had wine and visited with Janice and Colin while waiting for Brad to return from his church service where he is an usher and an elder.  Janice served a Mexican Fiesta of enchiladas, taco chips and salsa, guacamole and a salad.  It was hard to pass up second helpings when we had to make room for dessert, which was a chocolate pudding and raspberries.  But Peter indulged with a second trip to the buffet.

We had such a wonderful time talking about how we pronounce/mispronounce certain words, all in good fun. 



1 comment:

  1. All said in the blog we had a good time, from arriving in Church, hearing Janice singing with a beautiful Voice.
    At Dorn's we had a delicious Mexican dinner and dessert.
    .
    Thank You.
    To the Family Dorn.


    ReplyDelete