Monday, March 14, 2022

Cat Food Mix-Up/Brad, Janice and Colin Dinner

Sunday, March 13, 2022

On the way to mass I put a container of clover-shaped cookies on the counter of the Trattoria just as Gilbert met me wearing a leprechaun costume.  I offered him a cookie and he gratefully took two, telling me his Birthday was on St. Patrick's day.  

We celebrated the feast of Saint Joseph's Day (coming on March 19), with a triple-tiered display in the vestibule, referred to as tavolata, laden with sculpted bread, fresh fruits, vegetables and sweets.  During a time of famine, Italians prayed to Saint Joseph for rain and promised that if he answered their prayers, they would dedicate a feast day in his name every year to feed the hungry.  When the rains came, crops were planted, and the people were able to rise up and thrive again.  From their crops, they prepared a grand feast and with their neighbors in need, they feasted together.  After mass everyone received a little gift bag with two buns.

The cookies were a hit and one lady came up to the group asking who made those delicious cookies.  As we were sitting, Charles came through with a large Chewy carton; I thought he was delivering my order, but nothing was at me door.  Later, my door bell rang with Deb presenting me with two cans of cat food that she said were misdelivered to Charles.  I told her that was probably my order, but my order would not have come in such a large carton.  I met Charles, who straightened the problem that his wife had ordered dog and cat food which was delivered to him, but he doesn't have a cat or a dog.  I took the carton that Deb dropped off and returned it to her.  She was sharing the cans with other cat owners.

I did some cleaning before Janice, Brad and Colin came with dinner.  At 4:00 p.m. they came laden with a carton of food plus an electric pressure cooker.  While we visited, I got at email that my Chewy shipment was delivered.  Brad and Colin went down to get it, but nothing was in the mail room.  I thought maybe it had been delivered between the doors, but it wasn't there either.  Janice prepared dinner mostly in her pressure cooker and we sat down to a delicious meal of a mash potato and kale dish, beans, Irish soda bread and a green goddess salad, finishing off with a no-flour chocolate cake with mint frosting. Janice found some Celtic music to accompany our dinner.



 I gave Janice and Colin each a scrubby dish cloth as we finished our visit.  The Chewy shipment was not outside the building either.

No comments:

Post a Comment