Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Emergency Room

 Tuesday, March 8, 2022

As I was walking to my room Sunday, I took off my mask while walking.  The mask pulled out my left hearing aid, it fell on the carpet and I stepped on it.  I put the broken piece into my ear, and it still worked!  I saved $2500!

It worked for a couple of days.  This morning I was up early and looked something up on my computer.  I put my finger to my ear, for no apparent reason, and I felt something sharp.  My hearing aid!  I tried removing it with tweezers, but I was afraid that I would push it farther in.  I went to Aurora Emergency on 12th and State.  I'm glad this was not a critical emergency.  I was the only one there and had to wait a pretty long time until someone came to see my in the patient treatment room.  The first thing the nurse did was take my blood pressure - 200/88!  That is alarming; however, I did not take any of my medications this morning, including my blood pressure pills.  She took it again, but still high.  A doctor pulled out the hearing aid piece with some long tweezers and asked if I'd like my ear wax removed.  That was a good idea.  It took a while for two nurses to do that job, but there was a lot of wax.  I lay down for awhile and the nurse took my blood pressure again; it was even higher.  I got instructions to take my medication immediately when I got home.

I made some hot oatmeal and raisins with an orange for breakfast.  I'm searching recipes to turn my diet around.  Eating at SRS is not healthy, a lot of carbs and fat.

I was early enough for the strength exercise.

I joined a group in the Club Room for an global warming Zoom.

When I got to my room I made a huge pot of turkey chili, with a lot  of beans.  I shared some with Allan.   

I came out just about even in sheepshead, then to mass.

I received many good wishes and prayers for my procedure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment