Wednesday, March 16, 2022

March Red Hat

 Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Terry suggested Swaye Tea on Greenfield Avenue in West Allis. I reserved a table for seven, but we had to squeeze closer when Rita and Char came.  We had one long table; no other diners were in this very small restaurant.  Jars of various teas lined one wall and we each chose different teas that came brewed in a press.  Because shipments of some products did not arrive, not all items on the menu were available.  Terry thought we would all have the tea service, but I declined, as did most of the others; I did not care for all the pastries.  Only one person operated the shop as cook and waitress.  Each person's plate came separately and took a long time to prepare.  By the time the tea service came those who were served first were ready to leave.  I ordered a salad with roasted beets, pecans and raisins on a bed of greens with balsamic dressing.  It was very good.  Terry, Julia, Janice and Jane shared the tea service: a tiered platter of pastries and fruit with another tray of egg salad sandwiches.  I think each person paid about $18, which I thought was very expensive.  Each person did not get a whole sandwich, but small quarters.  There were more pastries than substance.  Terry was still hungry.  I'm glad I chose the salad instead of the tea service.

I stopped at Walmart in West Milwaukee for a soap pump, then at Fresh Thyme for produce.

In the evening we had haiku and limericks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment