Friday, March 4, 2022

Dr. Kostopoulus

 Thursday, March 3, 2022

I got to St. Luke's early for my 2:15 p.m. appointment.  When I checked in at the desk, Dr. K was in building 3, I was in building 1.  I had to take at elevator to 3 then walk a very long distance to another elevator that would take me to the 8th floor.  A very helpful nurse Terri took me to the second elevator, but I had to sit down when we were almost there, because I could not keep up with her.  She was about to get me a wheel chair, but I could see the elevators and I was sure that I could make it.

I checked in, didn't sit for very long and I was called.  The first thing the nurse did was take my blood pressure.  It shot through the roof.  After all that walking and stress, who wouldn't have high blood pressure?  Then she took an EKG.  She took my BP again after I rested, but it was still high.

Dr. K saw me with two of his assistance and talked about a stent that he said he mentioned when I saw him prior to my kidney surgery.  He explained the procedure and asked if that is something I would consider.  He would put a tube into my right wrist, and if I needed another stent, into my groin area.  If that was going to relieve my chest pains and shortness of breath, of course I'd consider it.  I am scheduled for Wednesday, March 9.  I will get instructions today.

I didn't have as much trouble getting back to my car, since I knew where I was going and I walked slowly.

I headed toward Leon's; I thought I needed a reward.  I passed Leon's, turned around and headed for SRS.  That took super will power!

I picked up some meds at Walgreens that will prepare me for the procedure.

The players were putting the dominos away when I got back.  Donna offered to keep the dominos and be in charge next week because I might not be here since I'll be overnight at St. Luke's.  I don't know how I'll feel after the procedure.

1 comment:

  1. I learned to pass Culvers last December. I'm better for it.

    ReplyDelete