Friday, September 3, 2021

Dr. Orton

 September 2, 2021

It was with a lot of apprehension when I had my appointment with Dr. Orton.  He viewed previous MRIs from a few years ago (maybe when I had my kidney surgery) plus the one I had from August 30th.  He compared the two, showing my the spacing between discs.  He pointed out the two discs that are causing my problem pinching the nerve.  It would be very risky doing anything with that nerve.  I would not see immediate relief, and the recovery would be a long process.  He would not advise any kind of surgery.  What I'm doing in therapy is just fine, even though it will take some time.  I felt such relief that I would not have to undergo any surgery.  He was so patient and gave my encouragement with his understandable information.

No comments:

Post a Comment