Sunday, September 5, 2021

Vagabond Picnic

 Sunday, September 5, 2021

I went to the 8:30 a.m. mass at St. Hedwig's today because the 10:30 a.m. mass at St. Rita would end too late to get to the Vagabond picnic at Whitnall Park.

I made a pan of blondies to pass on a very pleasant sunny day.  We picked up a Subway sandwich and folding chairs at Peter's before going to the park.  A sizeable group were gathered to go biking and a few were situated at Area 5 picnic area.  Eunice and I were joined by Marlene and Jean; Peter read the paper.  Les joined us after his bike ride, and our area really filled up.  There was not a passing table as in previous years, so I passed around my blondies; Gloria passed around her box of cookies.

We played dominoes and taught Linda the game.  Diane Zarze came to our table with sad news that Greg has advanced Alzheimer's.

The afternoon was breezy, cloudy, sunny, chilly, but very pleasant.  My favorite Disney bag that held my domino supplies ripped at the bottom. It will be difficult to find as sturdy a bag for that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment