Saturday, September 25, 2021

My 89th Birthday

 Friday, September 24, 2021

My voter registration listed my drivers license expiration as 2017; I checked my license, and sure enough, 2917.  I could have waited until Monday; what would a couple days matter, but I headed to the DMV on Chase Avenue as early as I could.  The agent looked at my license and said it didn't expire until 2025; it was issued in 2017.  I was focusing on the 2017 and ignored the 2025 that was in bold type. Target was two blocks south, so I drew money from the ATM and stocked up on cat litter and other personal items.  I noticed they had an optical department, so I'll get my prescription filled on Monday.

The monthly Birthday party was held at 11:30 a.m. with a couple playing a nice mix of music.


We had a light lunch of sliders, hot dogs, fries and chocolate shakes.

Claude called to wish me a Happy Birthday while I was watching "The Best Years of Our Lives".  Then while I was out of the Club Room I called Peter to arrange a time for him to pick me up for our 7:00 p.m. dinner reservation at Palmer Steak House in Hartland.

Peter came at 6:00 p.m., which was perfect timing.  We drove in light rain and Peter dropped me off at 6:50 p.m. while he found a parking spot.  There was no parking lot, but he managed street parking.

We started off with a martini for me; a gin and tonic for Peter.  I wanted a steak with a bone, undecided on a New York Strip or Rib Eye, but settled on a bone-in filet at a whopping $55.00; Peter ordered lamb chops.  We were served a generous salad with warm, crusty French bread.  My steak was incredible.  It was so delicious I gnawed every morsel from the bone.  The waitress brought a dish of ice cream with a brownie lit by a flaming candle to celebrate my Birthday.

The rain picked up as we drove home.

2 comments:

  1. It turned out to be a perfect Birthday-Celebration,
    Betwin my best Friend Marcia Zientek and Me !

    Happy Birthday and all the best,God bless You !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia,
    Guess where I want to go for my birthday as soon as the family agrees on a date? Palmer's. Love their food. Be sure to go around November when they're decked out for Christmas. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete