Monday, September 20, 2021

September Birthdays

September 19, 2021

 I sent Peter a text to pick me up at 2:30 p.m. to be at Laura and Jay's for 3:00 p.m.  When he wasn't at SRS I checked my messages and noticed that he did not respond, which is quite unusual.  I waited until about 2:45, called his home and cell a few times with no reply, so I decided to take off by myself.  I circled the block once more before leaving and called from the car, no answer.  When I was at Oakland Avenue, Laura called that Peter was already there.  His phone was on the fritz so he did not get my message nor could he call me.  We missed each other by minutes, because he was at SRS at the time I was leaving.

The seasoned oyster crackers that I made were very good.  I also brought cheese and assorted crackers.  We had a table laden with appetizers that accompanied a lot of teasing banter.

Laura grilled teriyaki chicken with potato salad, Janice brought a delicious salad.  She made an unusual Bundt cake with chocolate and watermelon gelato that was delicious.

Janice and Brad gave me a lovely bouquet plus a gift certificate, Claude gave me an Amazon gift certificate and Laura and Jay will be taking me to a Bartolata restaurant.





No comments:

Post a Comment