Friday, May 21, 2021

All Around Town

May 21, 2021

I had to get up extra early for my 6:50 am mammogram apptointment at Aurora West Allis.  I'm glad I had that appointment now i stead of having to drive across town.  Unfortunately,  there was no valet parking, but I was fortunate to find a spot  very close to the entrance.  I had my car loaded to go to the dump afterwards, but I still had to pick up a litter bucket.  I had thought about going somewhere for breakfast, but I should use up as much as possible of what I have.

After breakfast I packed my plants and other odds and ends to take to my apartment when I pick up the key; no sense going with an empty car. 

I had a haircut that cut off most of my perm and we're deciding if I should forego a perm.  I have some time to think about it.  I needed to stock up on cosmetics since the only other Merle Norman is in Brookfield.  The manager said there is no postage on purchases over $50.  That's no problem.

I picked up Peter on 76th St. and he drove to St. Rita Square.  I got my key and handbook, then we picked up a cart to take to the apartment.  We met two Vagabond ladies, Judy schmidt and one I cant remember. Peter really looked the place over.  We made another trip with all my little crates that I filled up in the closet.  The only thing we had trouble with was the thermostat; we could not understand how to change the numbers.  The staff was already through for the day so we got no help there.  A woman in the dining room said you have to be patient, it takes a while for the thermostat to function.  I was surprised there weren't more eating in the dining room, also, they do not have a liquor license so they do not serve alcoholic  beverages, but you are welcome to being your own.

It was a challenge to find parking near Von Trier's, especially with speeding, heavy traffic.  After some cruising, Peter managed to park relatively close. There were no printed menus; the policy is to order online. But the waitress said they had fish fries, which is something we wanted anyway, with Andeker Bock beer. The fish was served in a lined plastic basket.  The fish was OK, but the potato pancakes were soggy and rather tasteless.  The room was very noisy, we could hardly hear each other.  But we satisfied Peter's desire to go to Von Trier's.


No comments:

Post a Comment