Thursday, May 27, 2021

Second Mammogram

May 27, 2021

I arrived at West Allis Memorial, for some reason I had it in my head I was going to St. Luke's; good thing that I allowed myself plenty of time.  Unfortunately, there was no valet service, which is understandable; no one wants to go into another person's car.  I got into reception at 11:37 am, and was taken to the same room that I had my first mammogram.  Everyone was so pleasant and cheerful like I shouldn't have any worries.  This mammogram had more pressure and different views.  The technician took them to the radiologist, who would like me to have an ultrasound.  After the radiologist examined the ultrasound, in about ten minutes, she and the tech came back to me and said there is something near my right nipple, the size of my little finger fingernail that she does not know what it is and recommended a biopsy.  She wasn't very concerned about it and said that I could wait about six months to see if there is any change, or I could have it today.  I thought I'd be fretting for six months, might as well do it as soon as possible.  I am scheduled for Tuesday at 1:45 pm.

I did some unpacking until Happy Hour at 3:30, complements of the company.  I sat with some familiar faces, and more kept joining us.  There were quite a few as the time went on.  There was some snaffu with the fire alarm before I arrived so the directors were trying to make up for the inconvenience with a mock "fire".  They were dressed as firefighters and the Tratoria was decorated in fire colors. 
Tyler stood before a plastic sheet and people aimed water guns at him.  It was pretty funny.

It was almost time for dinner and even though my reservation was for 5:30, Marci said we could go earlier, and Donna said that is no problem.  I had chicken breast in orange sauce, rice, broccoli and pineapple upside down cake with coffee.

I called Claude before my WAUC Zoom, and he told me how to connect my TV.  I've been so busy I don't think of watching TV.  Then Laura called and I told her about my mammogram.  She gave me so much encouragement about my excess goods and asked what I was getting rid of.  When I told her my mixer went to the Goodwill with Claude, she said the Annika could use the mixer.  Luckily, Claude hadn't taken it to Good Will yet.  The beauty of that is that I got the mixer from my mother.

With all the phone calls, charging my tablet and connecting to WiFi, I was late for the Tablet SIG, which was quite interesting.

I installed the shower caddy that was delivered today and a suction cup hook on the door with a patriotic ornament.  What am I thinking?!  I'm trying to get rid of boxes and I get two more delivered today!



No comments:

Post a Comment