Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Moving Day

Monday, May 24, 2021

Two Men and a Truck arrived about 8:45 am with a lot of energy.  They moved so quickly, even running up the stairs.  They made many trips and grouped a lot of boxes and other items in huge cartons and rolled the dolly up the ramp to the truck.  I couldn't believe how many boxes I had.  When they got to St. Rita Square one of the men unloaded the truck then the other man got them off the elevator into my apartment.  To see all the boxes in my apartment was shocking.  They didn't know where to put them any more.  That's when the realization set in that I brought too much stuff.  I'll have to call then movers again to take some of the stuff to Good Will.  I don't know where to start.  I tried  putting some things away, but it is going to be an overwhelming job.  I was getting so exhausted and I looked like a wreck; I wouldn't dare going down to dinner.  I made a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches and wanted some wine, but I couldn't find a corkscrew.  A beer hit the spot now that I know that my kitchen shears has a bottle opener.

I went to bed at 8:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment