Friday, May 28, 2021

Mixed Up Day

 May 28, 2021

Last night as I was charging my chrome book I was putting it on my clock radio and every time I put it on the top it changed the time.  At 11:58 pm the fire alarm went off in the middle of a deep sleep.  When I looked at my clock I thought I had plenty of time, but the clock was wrong, and I had to be at Terry's day's wake at 9:00 am.  I rushed to the funeral home and was surprised there weren't  more cars, considering how well-known he was.  I went inside, the directors said there wasn't a funeral today....it's tomorrow.

I really would have liked a Panera bagel, but they're still closed.  I went home and had a bowl of Cheerios with hardly any time before my hair appointment.  It was a rainy, raw day.  I told Jacelyn about my experiences of the week and we had to rethink not having a perm.  My hair was terrible with the humidity, rain and working up a sweat.  

I had been looking for my teapot.  I remember waiting until the last minute to pack it because I didn't have a safe enough carton to carry it.  Then it dawned on me that it was still in my cupboard.  Luckily, I still have access to the house.  It was in the cabinet, but the bird feeder pole from Joe was bent to the ground.  I can't imagine who would have done that.

It was getting after 1:00 pm so I stopped at Biggby's for a coffee and bagel.  The clerk spread some cream cheese after I said on the side, and only on half the bagel.  I asked for more cheese and I asked for the bagel to have a little color.  I guess there is only one setting for a bagel; it was soft.  I got to SRS, did a little straightening out; it is beginning to take some shape.  Peter came a little after 3:00 pm.  He took all the cartons to the dumpster, put crates and coolers in his car, moved a baker's rack into my bedroom and separated items he wanted to take home that I set aside for Good Will and the food pantry.  We cleared the living room of as many boxes as we could and I even vacuumed the floor.  It is beginning to look presentable.

We went to eat at Victor's having corned beef sandwiches that were big enough to take half home.  Peter also took the rest of the bread which was a very large round loaf.

The adapter that Claude ordered to enable my desktop to be WiFi was delivered.  It was simple to install and works like a charm.  After setting the new network and password, the printer also works.

No comments:

Post a Comment