Thursday, May 6, 2021

First Week of May

Monday, May 3, 2021 

 I took a trunk load to Goodwill: radio, clothing, foot bath, glass pitcher, glass globe from my bedroom.  Next to Office Max to shred my checkbook carbons. Finished my errands at Walmart on 27th, especially for hearing aid batteries.  While at Walmart I got a call from Jean Henning, but would not be able to converse in the loud surroundings.  When I got home her voice mail said the inspection report was in my email, also a document that I had to sign.  I was very pressured since I had to sign it by 5:00 pm agreeing to install GFCI protection in the garage, basement, kitchen and baths also repair double taps in electrical panel and correct kitchen garbage disposal wiring.  I also have to install a radon mitigation system, that I understand is going to be expensive.  Jean referred me to an electrician that agreed to take care of the problem, but didn't have knowledge of a radon contractor.  Now I'm getting advice from multiple sources.

Tuesday, May 4

I moved some things out of the way for the rug shampooer and vacuumed the living room and stairs.  The man came about 10:15 am and did a great job.  I had difficulty hearing the conversation of the book club because he was using some loud equipment on the stairs right where I was zooming.  We had a good discussion, whatever I did hear, and ended on a positive note, agreeing to meet at Clement Manor in June, with lunch afterward.

Wednesday, May 5

Nancy invited me to lunch at her lovely spacious condo.  She has a beautiful view of a park and walking/biking trails that she and Joe used to take even before they bought the condo.  She spends her time walking and reading, with no interaction with groups or organizations.  I would find that extremely lonely.  We had a delicious lunch and good conversation.  She related her own experiences with radon mitigation that they were forced to install at over $2000.

Melinda Myers' webnar on tomatoes in the evening.

Thursday, May 6

My appointment for an oil change was for 10:00 am and lasted 2 1/2 hours.  A tire pressure sensor had to be replaced, adding to the cost.

Keith from Accurate came to assess the installation of a radon mitigation system.  He talked with Heather to coordinate sealing up the sump pump in her basement, which would service the entire complex.  I have been in contact with condo manager Brandon Grosz, who has been very prompt answering my emails regarding condo regulations.  When I sent him the proposal from Accurate he said that the board will consider it.  I told him that I was on a timeline and this had to be done in a very short time.  He assembled the board via zoom and it was under discussion the very same day.  Mike Michaels asked for the radon report, also said that someone on the board raised an objection.  He said not to worry, he thinks it will be approved.

Friday, May 7

I did routine cleaning and packing the condiments from one of the shelves.  Peter thought the Austrian Club meeting was for tonight and suggested O'Sullivan's for a fish fry.  The meeting is next Friday, so he said we should go to Hob Nob in Racine, which was perfectly OK with me.  I was surprised they took reservations, but even without one we were seated close to the window in the sun room and enjoyed a very delicious beer batter cod with spinach salad with bacon dressing.  We finished with coffee.  Before leaving Peter had a little pot or mums for me.



Saturday, May 8
Mike came over to tell me that the board approved the radon work.  That was a big relief.  Brandon also confirmed the decision.
I will miss my birds.


I went to the 4:00 pm mass.





No comments:

Post a Comment