Saturday, May 29, 2021

Busy Saturday

May 29, 2021

 There were a lot of people at "Red" Adams' funeral; he was well-known in the racing world, plus he had many business ventures.  I stayed for the service; many WAUC members and Red Hats were represented.

I went to the condo to take a picture of the broken bird pole.

Claude is planning on digging it out.

The cleaners had not come yet, so I texted Ken wondering that I might not have specified what I wanted them to do.  He said he was waiting for his crew.  

As I'm driving down Loomis Rd. I decided to stop in at Blummel's to see what plants they might have.  That was a brilliant idea to fill the balcony planters that were delivered.  I wasn't planning on going to a garden center Memorial Day weekend, just as I wouldn't go shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  But the day was perfect for planting and I was right there.  Not crowded at all.  I selected a flat of multi-colored petunias.  I didn't want to get too hungry, so I had a sesame bagel with cream cheese and coffee that I ate at a cozy table with a fire in the center. While I'm sitting there, Ken called that the lock box doesn't open; it had letters instead of numbers.  I gave him the code to the garage door and told him now he knows how old I am.  His dad was born in 1932!   I would have liked a climbing vine, but they only had large pots.  When I got home I started filling the planters with soil and went to Laura's for a little more.  That was handy; I didn't want to buy a big bag.  I got the planters done and I'm hoping they'll be secure.

It was a perfect day for planting, cool and towards the end of the day.  Now my house is a mess again because I'm starting too many projects.  But I really had to take advantage of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment