Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sad Day for My Birds

 May 16, 2021

I went to the 8:30 am mass and got back just a little before Brad and Janice came to pick up my bird stuff.  I'm glad that I still had my tool box handy, because the joints on the feeder pole were really stuck.  Some WD-40 loosened them a little and Brad used a hammer and screw driver to get them apart.  I'm keeping a few feeders; hopefully some birds will find me at St. Rita's Square.   I watched a rose-breasted grosbeak and a male cardinal, plus many of the common varieties searching for food in the lawn.  I miss them already.

I went to Pick n' Save on Hwy 100 for boxes, but they didn't have any right now.  I headed to Festival Foods and approached a man stocking bananas.  He took me to the store room and gave me six, the same boxes that I had before.  The people were so gracious.

I filled a couple in the afternoon.

The day was very pleasant, warm and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment