Saturday, May 15, 2021

Boxes

May 15, 2021

 After my hair and a salad at Culver's, I went to Festival Foods to see if I could get packing boxes.  I approached a group of men that seemed like store managers and asked if it was possible to get some boxes.  One of the men immediately led me to the produce department and asked the produce manager to furnish me with some boxes.  The young lady went into the back room and came out with three banana cartons; then came out with two more.  They have empty spots on the top and bottom that I could layer with cardboard to make them more secure.  But the boxes are very sturdy and easy to handle.

I had such a positive experience I'm sorry that I didn't patronize that store more often.  I was greeted throughout the store by store personnel of every rank: managers, stock boys, check-out, even a young man hauling in carts. 

When I got home I filled a few boxes and I'll get a few more.

In the evening Peter and I had a fish fry (delicious blue gills for me) at O'Sullivan's before driving to the Austrian American meeting, the first one since March 2020.  It was a good feeling to see those who attended.  Doug Scott thanked me for the chemo caps I sent him when he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.  He appreciated them especially when he slept at night because he was so cold.  They were light and soft enough without being bulky.

No comments:

Post a Comment