Friday, July 2, 2021

Celebration

July 2, 2021
When I heard Lanore mention whom she was inviting to the July 4th party, I didn't know that guests could be included.  I ordered my dinner for today, called Maggie to find out if guests could be invited.  She said she didn't know, but would ask someone.  She never got back to me.  I was sitting on my balcony and noticed Briana making some preparations on the piazza.  I called down to her and she said sure guests are invited.  I called Peter; he was doing dishes.  He said he could be right over.
It was a lovely sunny day, not too warm.  I found a table under an umbrella and waited.  We were the last ones served, but it was very enjoyable.  Since he was here I thought maybe it would be nice for him to stay for dinner.  I ordered mine, and the new policy is that dinner reservations are to be made by 6:00 p.m. the previous night.  Donna was available and I asked if she could add one more person to my reservation.  She did, and requested that I come at 5:10 p.m.  No problem.  We relaxed in my apartment until it was time to go.  I had to return to the room for a beer for Peter and my wine.  We sat with my usual group and enjoyed cream of mushroom soup, shrimp, grits and vegetables with lemon pie for dessert.  Peter was very pleased with the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment