Sunday, July 25, 2021

St. Rita Parish Is Open!

 Sunday, July 25, 2021

Up until today I was attending the 4:00 p.m. Tuesday mass in the church.  Only residents of St. Rita Square attended and maybe twenty-five or so were in attendance.   This week we learned that St. Rita would have mass at 10:30 a.m. today as a regular parish.

I did my normal Sunday routine and watched the clock when it would be time to leave for mass.  How long does it take to go down one floor and down the hall?  When I drove to St. Martin of Tours I left the house at about 10:10 a.m. to drive to the 10:30 a.m. mass.  But I'd rather wait in church than in my room, so at 10:10 a.m. I strolled out of my room to my destination.  Good thing I arrived early.  The church was packed with folding chairs filling up in the outer area.  I managed to get a seat in the church.  There were so many happy greetings among friends who hadn't been together in so very long.

The first thing Pastor Timothy Kitzke said was, "Welcome Home", to a round of applause.  It was such a joyful occasion, like Christmas and Easter combined.  The entire mass was very upbeat.  The singing was familiar, with the exception of a song in Italian during Offertory.  The cantor had an excellent voice, as did the lector. who is the daughter of one of my neighbors, Frank on the first floor who tends pots of lettuces and a huge pot of basil.  I am so happy to have been a part of this special occasion, as I  am now a member of the parish.  I also indicated that I would like to serve as lector and Eucharistic minister.  I will be put on the list in September.



1 comment:

  1. What a surprise this Sunday Mass was for all the parishioners
    Finely have Service on Sundays at that beautiful Church attached
    with the Buildings Saint Rita's Squares.
    I am very very happy for You !
    Love.

    ReplyDelete