Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Mixed Up Day

 July 14, 2021

Our calendar said we were to go to the German Bier Haus for our Happy Hour on July 29th.  Because Briana is leaving, she moved it up to today.  I called Peter and told him to meet me there at about 4:00 p.m.

I picked up a Rx at Walgreen's and did some grocery shopping at P &S.

I did more walking today, checked the plant tower and read in the piazza.  I felt confident enough to leave my walker in the car when I went for my therapy at 1:30 p.m.   On one of the routines I had to put one foot on a step, and I fell, wrong foot!  Dial gave me a walker which helped.  I picked up a book from the library, and fortunately it was delivered to my car.

When I got to the lobby for our outing to the Bier Haus, Patty said we are going to River West Pizza instead.  I immediately called Peter of the change of plans.  He was actually glad of the change because the downtown area will be a madhouse with the Bucks playing.  We drove in torrential rain.  The restaurant opened early for us and we were greeted with clear open umbrellas (just like the one Peter bought in Japan).  The owner is Connie's daughter.  We had appetizers, most of us had margaritas and three pizzas which were compliments of Briana.  

On the way out, I fell again.  Luckily, a hefty man was available to pick me up.  I don't hurt myself, I just collapse and it's very difficult to get up.

Joyfully, the Bucks beat the Suns 109 - 103.  Can they keep it up?  


No comments:

Post a Comment