Saturday, July 3, 2021

Planting and More

July 3, 2021

I was watching the Garden Club from my balcony assemble to plant a tower.  I didn't plan on joining them since I had a hair appointment at 11:00 a.m. and I didn't want to get dirty.  They motioned me to join them, so I did.  The assortment of plants they had to plant was very optimistic; I have serious doubts they will have much success with Brussel sprouts and egg plant.  I planted four cherry tomatoes and cut up a plastic hanger to stake them.  It will be surprising to see what this tower produces.

I had a hair appointment with Mary.  The first thing I noticed was a very dusty work area.  She also raised her prices, but it will be worth the price for the convenience of not having to leave the building.  I was satisfied with her style and will get a cut next week.

I took a nap after having lunch and did some reading.

At 5:30 p.m. Peter picked me up for our dinner at Fox and Hounds.  We were seated immediately.  We both ordered the prime rib special; buy one get one free.  The dinner was very good.

On the way home Peter did not take the correct exit so we landed on Oklahoma Ave.  Since we were so close to Leon's, Peter suggested a stop there.  At first I felt too full, but I can always make room for a Leon's custard.  There was a very long line, but Peter said it was worth the wait for something good.  He took out his lawn chairs and we enjoyed our custard while catching glimpses of fireworks from various city parks.  The night was perfect for sitting outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment