Friday, July 30, 2021

First Time Baking

My phone rang at 1:40 a.m. waking me from a very sound sleep.  At first I thought it was my alarm; why would I set my alarm for 1:40 a.m.?  It was a heavy storm/tornado warning.  Tornado sirens were sounding also.  We had a very much needed rain; however, some areas were without power. 

I had some perfect bananas for banana bread, making the bread was another story.  Working on the counter was very easy, especially with the convenient electrical outlets.  As I was mixing the dry ingredients, I did not have baking soda after searching all possible places it could be.  I searched Google and one recipe did not call for it, so I eliminated 1/2 teaspoon and it worked out fine.  I was pretty exhausted from putting that all together.  It called for a little nap after lunch.

I decided to share the banana bread at Happy Hour, so I cut it up to take with me along with dominoes.  Jane and Chuck joined me instead of playing their game.  Another mentally disable girl named Martha joined us and her aide helped her.  Jane and Chuck really liked it, and Jane won a game.  I think it's catching on.


No comments:

Post a Comment