Friday, July 16, 2021

Fiserv Forum

St. Rita Square's trip to Fiserv Forum included Judy, Marlene, Jon and I.

We began at noon with two guides: Tim led those that were not in our group; another young man took us, using the elevator.  It was over an hour and we covered a lot of the facility, starting pretty much at the top and working down.

The first thing we saw were the stairs with the current happenings.



Here is the downtown skyline.


The Forum is huge, which is really an understatement.  The arrangement of seats and accommodations for high spenders is amazing.

This buck is made of shredded basketballs; the antlers are basketball nets.


    

There were many portraits of past players, an impressive trophy display with room for more, hopefully.  
This mural was made by high school students depicting Milwaukee landmarks.  It is much wider than this photo with more landmarks.

We saw the Marquette area and on the main floor Tim explained that there are three layers, two for the Bucks, and one for Marquette that get exchanged for each game.  There is a special floor for hockey games to prevent the ice from melting.

Special shows have specialized equipment and Tim told us how efficiently all the equipment gets set up for each show's requirements.  This building is a marvel of engineering.

I was surprised how well I navigated with my walker.  My shoe occasionally caught on the floor, but I managed to stay erect.  I had no problem getting on and off the bus.  I just have to think and plan ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment