Friday, June 4, 2021

Closing

June 4. 2021

 It was pleasant and breezy on the balcony for breakfast.  I'm getting along well with my walker.  Unfortunately, I bumped something and the tray fell to the ground breaking my most favorite items: My MG mug, coffee brewer, juice glass and cereal bowl.

The Tenant Handbook said my phone number is 414-249-3208, but I didn't see a phone jack.  Maggie said there should be a jack; it was behind the couch.  I found a phone, but it was the extension from my bedroom; another item from the missing box.  Mark needed my insurance card so I could begin therapy, and I also told him that I don't get DirectTV.  He came up to get my insurance info, looked at the TV and got the same error message we've been getting.  All he did was press the channel button up or down.  Such a simple solution after all the time spent trying to get the TV to work.

With all the time spent on the above activities, Salon Marie called me at 11:09 to remind me of my 11:00 am perm appointment. Fortunately I was dressed and ready to go, but that was terrible and put Jocelyn having to juggle two appointments.

Because I rushed out for my hair, I did not take the home closing materials; I really didn't need everything, but I had the keys attached to the folder.  I hoped to pick up a phone and some groceries at Walmart, but decided against that and went right home and back again, arriving at Title 100 at exactly 3:00 pm.  Gary was in the process of signing papers, presently Jean came and I had to sign a number of papers also. Jean and I chatted while Gary was finishing up in another room.  I walked out with my check of $178,384.01 at 4:07 pm.  I deposited the check at ECU and went home.  

A group was eating; there was one space left.  I went up for my wine and by the time I got back down the table was full.  I ate alone at an adjacent table, and still felt part of the group.  Spaghetti and two meatballs with a side salad.  I also had a scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce.

Peter and I passed on eating out tonight, but he suggested Pandl's tomorrow.  Laura called and invited us to a cookout tomorrow, which will be a whole lot better






No comments:

Post a Comment